Apply to these jobs
07 Aug 2018
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Manufacturing Engineer will lead product and process development for new product introductions. Collaborating with global R&D functions, the position will be responsible for ensuring optimum design for manufacturability in the development of new products. The role involves leading cross functional teams to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the flawless execution of new product development projects. Implementation of leading edge technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in product and process development is expected. The role involves collaboration with multiple disciplines within the organisation.
1. Lead cross functional teams to execute new product development projects.
2. Responsible for running all aspects of major manufacturing engineering projects.
3. Represent the Operations team on product development projects, communicating requirements and proposing solutions.
4. Implement design for manufacturability in new product designs to minimise lifecycle cost
5. Manufacturing technical expert to global design groups
6. Full project management responsibility for NPI projects
7. Conduct detailed product design reviews
8. Design, develop and source tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for high precision manufacturing processes. Co-ordinate with internal and external partners.
9. Deliver stable manufacturing solutions in line with stability metrics process.
10. Development of advanced manufacturing processes to lean guidelines
11. Manage risk management and validation lifecycle for new process or process changes.
12. Management of the Asset Lifecycle for new equipment (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ).
13. Full budget responsibility for project capital and expense spend
14. Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process
15. Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk
16. Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
17. Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
18. All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
• A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline is required. A Masters or PhD is an advantage.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a general mechanical engineering role is required. Experience in a medical device manufacturing environment is essential.
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead sub teams within a project and give direction to fellow team members, contractors, vendors to complete tasks to a defined timeline.
• Self motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
• Experience using proven problem solving techniques (8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
• Proven experience in Root Cause analysis techniques and problem solving (8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
• Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
• Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
• Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
• Certified Project Management qualifications