MSI are partnering with a global biotech company to source an experienced Project Coordinator to join their medical writing team. The main responsibilities of this role are as follows:
· Planning, tracking, and managing the progress of all documents supported by the Global Medical Writing department via continuous communication with the medical writers (in-house or contract), Quality Control (QC) specialists, and cross functional teams; provide input to medical writers to aid the development of document time-lines, as needed.
· Collaborating with senior management and other Project Coordinators to assign writers and personnel in the Global Medical Writing department to documents, considering a variety of factors such as availability, location, expertise, familiarity with a program, study or team, etc
· Liaise with internal and external key stakeholders, including attending study team or other meetings as needed to obtain information regarding requests for Medical Writing support before medical writers are assigned.
· Identify and resolve issues and conflicts on documents; provide recommendations to medical writers and QC specialists on how to meet deliverable milestones if delays or issues are encountered.
· Support budget and resource planning for the Global Medical Writing department; proactively communicates to senior management any upcoming time frames where additional Medical Writing resources might be needed.
· Assist with Quality Control assignments, as well as Medical Writing Department contracts/invoices as needed.
· Contribute to the development and refinement of processes and procedures within the Global Medical Writing department, championing improved efficiency, quality, and performance
Associates Degree or bachelors degree in Project Management, Life Sciences or other related area required; PhD/PharmD or other graduate-level degree is a plus.
Ideally 2+ years of relevant industry or clinical research experience; familiarity with the Medical Writing function is a plus