A ground breaking Saas company who provide cutting edge AI/ ML solutions to the Pharmaceutical company, are needing a dedicated "Hands On" leader to join the company at VP level in either the UK or US. The company have offices in California or London but the role will predominantly be remote. They are an established start up, and are going through a high-growth strategy phase and are currently looking for several senior-level hires to enhance and strengthen the existing leadership team. As a result, they plan to take significant market share/lead over the next five years.
To be part of a team whose focus is to solve cutting edge AI problems and deploy models that constantly advance the state-of-the-art. You will be working across various NLP areas like STT, translation, summarization, sentiment analysis, TTS, and other interesting challenges that are challenging at Pharmacovigilance's scale. Team is looking for a leader, who have a strong interest in AI development, are wishing to participate in the transformation of the Life Sciences Industry, and in addition, are interested in learning big data processing.
The AI leader will collaborate with the team build an AI system for data preprocessing, extraction, validation, and analysis to reduce the manual work and give insight from the data.
- Lead a team of Data Scientists, work closely with Data Scientists at hands on level, partner with product management on AI ML roadmap. Interact with customers.
- Design and build AI model for text processing.
- Design and build AI-based API.
- System integration with the internal system
- Data analysis to give the insight
- Apply Machine Learning and Statistics techniques to large health data sets to build new products and methodologies
- Perform complex simulation, modelling and implementation of machine learning algorithms, including (NLP) Natural Language Processing.
- Analyze diverse internal and external sources for value adding benefit/risk information concerning products by leveraging complex statistical and predictive models;
- Design digital strategies to extract benefit/risk information from unstructured information, including literature, social media and adverse event source documents;
Requirements / Education
- Master's degree, PhD or equivalent with a strong quantitative focus in a relevant field, e.g., computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest data science innovation and techniques and ability to implement algorithms in commonly used programming languages (i.e., Python, R). Hands on experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning tools and packages such as scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow or Pytorch.
- At least 5 Years in a previous role as a Data scientist
- Demonstratable experience of Team Leadership and growth
- Excellent client facing skills (problem solvers who can engage in technical conversations)
- Experience with big and complex data environment (structured and unstructured data sources), using advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, deep learning frameworks and machine learning algorithms;
- Excellent understanding in statistical performance data, trend analysis to determine abnormalities and a broad understanding in a variety of data environments and tools (like SAS, R, Python, Hadoop, Spark, Rapid Miner, Spotfire, etc.);
- Prior experience using SageMaker in AI ML/MLOps pipeline.
- Experience leveraging Knowledge Graph
- Candidates from Product Companies (Product owner)
This type of opportunity does not represent itself very often, and if you are comfortable with the level of responsibility and expertise required and are looking for a career change, please call me and I can share with you more details on the company and impressive package on offer.
Keywords: SageMaker, AI, ML, DL, artificial, intelligence, deep, machine, learning, generative, neural, network, NLP, SageMaker computational, chemistry, biology, bioinformatics, pharmaceutical, biotech, drug, discovery, development, therapy, disease, manager, Director, strategy, research, R&D, computer, science, programming, Jax, pytorch, tensorflow,