Professional Automation Engineer role within the Liverpool site Automation Team responsible for the delivery of multiple PCS7/HMI/PLC upgrade projects. The role will involve execution of approved projects and development of new project proposals as part of the site's long term sitewide strategy to address control systems obsolescence.
- Researches, evaluates and assesses installed PCS/HMI/PLC systems (Siemens, Mitsubishi, etc.) and associated control panels. Recommends system spares, upgrades and/or replacement.
- Liaises with the site Automation team, OEMs, vendors and contractors to obtain cost estimates and timelines for control system upgrades.
- Supports the Automation Lead in the preparation of project proposals and business cases.
- Preparation, review and approval of project design/test specifications for the lifecycle development of the control systems.
- Responsible for execution Automation scope for multi-discipline equipment replacement projects managed by Project Engineering dept.
- Technical ownership and hands-on execution of approved control system upgrade projects managed by Automation Engineering dept.
- Completion of PCS7/HMI/PLC modifications and associated testing.
- Oversight of OEMs, vendors, and contractors involved in project execution.
- Ensures ongoing availability, reliability and compliance of the control systems systems.
- Resolves issues, coordinates proactive and reactive activities associated with control system replacement projects ensuring these occur in accordance within regulatory requirements, site standards and manufacturing scheduling constraints.
- Actively promotes a safety culture, ensuring all HSE responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Deputizes for Secondary Automation Team Leader when required.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Automation or related discipline preferred
- Professional engineering status C.Eng or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years' experience within Industrial Automation preferably in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical environment.
- Expertise in Siemens and/or other OEM SCADA/PLC systems and associated supporting IT.
- Experience of Siemens PCS7/WinCC/S7 PLC, Omron and Mitsubishi required.
- Previous PCS7, PLC, HMI project upgrade experience required
- PLC's, HMI, SCADA, VFD programming, design & implementation